In 2000, eighteen years after East Orange Catholic High School ceased to exist, its graduates created the official EOCH Alumnae Association.
The EOCH Alumnae Association supports young women who seek education in Catholic high schools and colleges. The Association awards scholarships to young women attending Catholic High Schools within the Archdiocese of Newark, New Jersey and under the auspices of The Sisters of Charity of New Jersey.
The Association’s members are former students, faculty and friends of East Orange Catholic High School, which provided an outstanding education for young women from the 1960s through the 1980s. In their personal and professional lives, the graduates of East Orange Catholic High School serve others in many ways. The Association provides another expression for their generous spirits, and allows them to show their gratitude for all they have been given.
What we do:
- Hold an all-class reunion each year.
- Maintain a network of Class Representatives.
- Maintain a contact list of graduates.
- Annual scholarships to female students of Catholic high schools within the Archdiocese of Newark, NJ and under the auspices of The Sisters of Charity of NJ.
- Assist individual classes interested in holding their own reunions.
- Annual Sister Eileen Bradshaw Caritas Award.
- Publish the “EOCH Re-ECHO” newsletter once a year.
In the future, we may be able to expand our activities to include other types of social events, seminars and lectures on matters of interest to women.